There are lots of to-dos when you are preparing for your baby to come home. It will be a lot easy for you and your baby if you shop in advance and keep all essential items ready well before the arrival of your baby. Using our new baby supplies checklist to buy essential new baby items will make your task a lot easy. Here is the list of items you will need.
Baby Crib Bedding Sets
Crib and bedding should include:
- 3 to 4 sets of sheets. Flannel sheets are nice in the wintertime.
- Mobile. This can entertain and distract a baby who is fussy or is having a hard time falling asleep.
- Noise machine. Buy a machine that makes white noise, such as waves on the beach, rainfall, or a water fall. These sounds can be soothing for the baby and can help him sleep.
Baby’s Changing Table Supplies
Changing table supplies should include:
- A month’s supply of diapers. You will need about 8 to 10 per day.
- Baby wipes. Make sure they are unscented and alcohol free. To start with, get a small supply because some babies are sensitive to certain baby wipes.
- Vaseline (petroleum jelly): Good to prevent diaper rash, and to care for a boy’s circumcision.
- Cotton balls or gauze pads to apply Vaseline.
- Diaper rash cream
Rocking Chair With Footrest
Rocking chair essential should include:
- A good pillow for resting your arm when nursing
- A “Donut” pillow to help if you are sore from a tear or an episiotomy from your delivery.
- A blanket to put around you and baby when it is chilly
Newborn Baby Clothes
Newborn baby clothes should include:
- 4 to 6 gown-type one-piece sleepers. This type of sleepers is the easiest for changing diapers and cleaning baby up.
- Mittens for the baby’s hands to keep them from scratching their face
- Socks or booties
- 5 one-piece daytime outfits that snap. These are easiest for changing diapers and cleaning baby up.
General Newborn Baby Items
General newborn baby items should include:
- At least a dozen burp cloths.
- 4 to 6 receiving blankets.
- 2 hooded bath towels.
- 4 to 6 washcloths.
- Hammock bathtub. This type of bathtub is good when the baby is tiny and slippery.
- No tears baby bath and shampoo.
- Nursing pads and nursing bra.
- Breast pump.
- Baby car seat.