Looking for a baby bottle sterilizer; we all know babies put everything they grab into their mouths. But do you know why?
Our mouths are the most sensitive area to touch in our bodies. So every time your baby puts something into their mouth they are learning. They are firing neural pathways that are building their understanding of their world. You’ll notice they put an object in their mouth and then take it out and look at it. Then suck on it again. They are verifying with their eyes what they have felt with their mouth and vice versa. You are literally watching brain development in action through the senses. Now you understand what is going on and how important this developmental process of learning is, you can embrace it with a baby bottle sterilizer!
We want to encourage this exploration and learning. If you are freaking out about germs and dirt then the answer is a baby bottle sterilizer! Pop everything in there and it kills 99.9% of bacteria in just one minute. Remember the goal is therefore not to stop babies from mouthing all the new things in their environment but to keep as much of it as you can clean. But let’s face that it’s an uphill battle, since it’s all the new and unexplored stuff that your baby will want to learn about they’ll most likely ditch the sterilized teething toy and go for the dirty boot by the door!
When it comes to baby bottles, you can keep them utterly germ-free with baby bottle sterilizers. Yes! A baby bottle sterilizer can kill 99.9% of bacteria in just one minute.
There are loads of baby bottle sterilizers available today. As convenience is the way of the future, the sterilization market continues to bring innovations. The market is now full of options to steam, microwave, or use UV light to sterilize baby bottles.
How can you know the best baby bottle sterilizers? That’s what we’ll show you in this article including a list of the best bottle sterilizers in 2021.
What does “baby bottle sterilizer” mean?
In simple terms, a baby bottle sterilizer is a device that kills germs on and within a baby’s feeding bottle. They resemble a plastic box with slots to place a feeding container, a tray to hold other bottle components.
Most baby bottle sterilizers kill harmful bacteria on baby bottles using steam. When you have a sterile baby bottle, it reduces the risk of gastrointestinal problems in your baby to nearly zero.
Is a baby bottle sterilizer important?
There is some contention between the recommendations for and against sterilizing baby bottles. Some doctors and health nurses will say to sterilize others while others not. It can be dependent on your state. The texas children’s hospital for example recommends that you sterilize your baby’s bottle at least once. You might be thinking “I wash my baby’s bottle with detergent and water,” and providing your water is safe the general consensus is that this is enough.
You can also certainly sterilize without a specific baby bottle sterilizer by various methods.
However, if you still feel you need a baby bottle sterilizer for your circumstances read on!
Best baby bottle sterilizers in 2021
We’ve researched the market and checked out real Babylist family’s experiences with their baby bottle sterilizers. What works best. Which options they liked. We’ve taken the top 6 best to help you streamline your search.
Here is a list of the best baby bottle sterilizers that you can get today, including their unique features:
Avent philips microwave steam sterilizer
The Philip Avent Microwave Sterilizer is cheaper than other brands of sterilizers available on the market. In addition, it is compact, roomy, and simple to use. So, if you’re a mom that wants something affordable and fast, the Philip Avent Microwave steam sterilizer is the best option available. This plastic bottle sterilizer pops into the microwave to kill off over 90% of bacteria in just two minutes.
The size and shape of the baby bottle sterilizer allows you to sterilize other items except for anything electronic, metal, or magnetic.
Other exciting features of the Philip Avent Sterilizers include:
- The content of the Sterilizer can remain sterile for up to 24 hours as long as the lid remains closed.
- The container works perfectly with Philips AVENT bottles, and also works with other brands of the same size. You can also sterilize other baby items like bottle nipples, baby pacifiers, and baby spoons and cups.
- The plastic is BPA-free, lightweight, and durable
- You can fit four bottles in for sterilization at the same time
- You can pack the container and use it anywhere there is a microwave
Tommee Tippee Steri-Steam; Electric Steam Baby Bottle Sterilizer
(Counter Space Friendly)
The Tommee Tippee steri steam stands out for its compact design. It is great if you have limited counter space, and you can sterilize up to five bottles with just a simple push of one button.
Other exciting features of the Tommee Tippee steri steam include:
- It sterilizes up to 5 bottles in just five minutes. The baby bottles can remain sterile for up to 24 hours while left uncovered inside the Sterilizer.
- The bottle sterilizer is compatible with the Tommee Tippee Closure to Nature and other bottle brands like the Anti-Colic bottles.
- The bottle sterilizer has a simple on-off switch
Munchkin steam guard microwave sterilizer
When it comes to efficiency and space, the Munchkin Steam guard Microwave Sterilizer takes the lead among other baby sterilizers. It can hold up to four bottles having standard neck and two breasts pump shields all at a time. So all you need with the Munchkin is just a microwave and water. Besides, it works in all standard microwaves.
Other exciting features of the Munchkin steam guard Microwave Sterilizer include:
- It comes with a removable basket and heat-resistant tongs to minimize the risk of burns
- It has an auto-off function that turns it off after use
- It comes with two trays that you can stack on each other depending on the bottles you need to sterilize
- It is easy to operate with single button control for all its functions.
Dr brown’s deluxe bottle warmer and sterilizer
(Quick and Roomy)
The Dr. Browns’ Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer is best for sterilizing bottles, pacifiers, nipples, and other small parts all at once. It is roomy and comes with an accessory tray. Besides, it is straightforward to use. Just add water, set the bottles in place, place the accessory tray on top of that, and close the machine. After that, you are ready to sterilize.
Other exciting features of Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer include:
- It has a two-button operation that starts the steamer
- It has LED lights at the front showing the current operation.
- It has a cooling-down phase that allows bottles to become cold enough for safe removal
- The Sterilizer takes just 10 minutes to complete. (both the sterilization process and the cooling down)
- It contains added accessories like tongs and a measuring cup for water
- The bottles are inserted in a manner that allows the direct flow of steam in the bottle
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags
Many parents are demanding for the Medela sterilization bags majorly because it is easy to operate and highly affordable. You can re-use steam bags over and over up to 20 times. More so, these ultra-convenient medela sterilization bags can be stashed in a diaper bag or purse if you need to sterilize on the go. For example, you can use it to clean pump parts at work, or bottles if you’re on vacation.
Other exciting features of the Medela sterilization bags include:
- You can use the kit to sterilize bottles, pacifiers, and bottle parts. You can also use this bag to clean some parts of the breast pump
- You only need a microwave oven and water. Pour the specified quantity of water, place the bottle, and microwave for three minutes on maximum wattage to ensure proper sterilization.
Baby Brezza Electric Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer
(One Stop Shop)
This bottle sterilizer has a two-in-one function. It uses natural steam to sterilize bottles other parts and features a drying function to ensure your bottles come out clean and dry. So you don’t have to worry about bacteria or mold growth on your baby bottles. This Sterilizer keeps all moisture out. More so, it can hold up to six bottles, and you can set it to sterilize and dry in either one cycle automatically or independently
Other exciting features of the Baby Brezza bottle sterilizer include:
- It has a tall, compact design to manage space
- You can set modes as sterilize and dry, sterilizing only, dry only
- You can adjust the time limit to 30, 45, or 60 minutes in all modes displayed on the monitor
- The Sterilizer is made from BPA-free plastic
- The eating plate holding the water is made from stainless steel, which makes it resistant to rusting and hard water stains.
- You can use the Sterilizer to store bottles for up to 24 hours.
We hope you can now have a hassle-free experience deciding on your baby bottle sterilizer and embrace your baby’s learning through mouthing and exploring their environment. Love and light pregmatters.com