Best Bottle Sterilizers in 2020
We all know kids love to put anything they grab or pick into their mouth. You can barely have control over this because you cannot always be around your baby. But when it comes to baby bottles, you can keep them utterly germ-free with baby sterilizers. Yes! Bottle sterilizers can kill 99.9% of bacteria in just one minute.
However, there are many types of bottle sterilizers available today. As parents continue to discover how germs reach their baby bottles, the sterilization market continues to bring innovations. The market is now full of options to steam, microwave, or use UV light to sterilize baby bottles.
So how can you know the best bottle sterilizers? That’s what we’ll show you in this article including a list of the best bottle sterilizers in 2020.
What does “bottle sterilizers” mean?
In simple terms, bottle sterilizers are devices that kill germs on and within a baby’s feeding bottle. They resemble a plastic box with slots to place a feeding container, a tray to hold other bottle components.
Most bottle sterilizers kill harmful bacteria on baby bottles using steam. When you have a sterile baby bottle, it reduces the risk of gastrointestinal problems in your baby to nearly zero.
Are bottle sterilizers important?
You might say “I watch my baby bottle with soap and water,” but this is can only remove food residues. Warm water and disinfectant soap are not enough to kill pathogens in your baby bottle.
Hence, you need a bottle sterilizer to help you destroy pathogens from bottles. This way, you’ll be able to add that extra layer of protection to keep your baby safe from germs.
Best bottle sterilizers in 2020
We surveyed the market and asked thousands of real Babylist families about options of baby sterilizers that works best. We took the top 7 best to help you streamline your search.
Here is a list of the best baby sterilizers that you can get today, including their unique features:
Table Of Contents
Philip Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer
The Philip Avent Microwave Sterilizer is cheaper than other brands of sterilizers available in the market. Besides, it is compact, roomy, and simple to use. So, if you’re a mom that wants something affordable and fast, the Philip Avent Microwave steam sterilizer is the best option available. This plastic bottle sterilizer pops into the microwave to kill off over 90% of bacteria in just two minutes.
The size and shape of the Sterilizer allow you to sterilize other items except for anything electronic, metal, or magnetic.
Other exciting features of the Philip Avent Sterilizers include:
- The content of the Sterilizer can remain sterile for up to 24 hours as long as the lid remains closed.
- The container works perfectly with Philips AVENT bottles, and also works with other brands of the same size. You can also sterilize other baby items like bottle nipples, baby pacifiers, and baby spoons and cups.
- The plastic is BPA-free, lightweight, and durable
- You can fit four bottles in for sterilization at the same time
- You can pack the container and use it anywhere there is a microwave
Tommee Tippee Steri-Steam Electric Steam Baby Bottle Sterilizer
The Tommee Tippee Bottle Sterilizer stands out for its compact design. It does not take too much counter space, and you can sterilize up to five bottles with just a simple push of one button.
Other exciting features of the Tommee Tippee Bottle Sterilizer include:
- It sterilizes up to 5 bottles in just five minutes. The baby bottles can remain sterile for up to 24 hours while left uncovered inside the Sterilizer.
- The bottle sterilizer is compatible with the Tommee Tippee Closure to Nature and other bottle brands like the Anti-Colic bottles.
- The bottle sterilizer has a simple on-off switch
Munchkin Steam Microwave Sterilizer
When it comes to efficiency and space, the Munchkin Steam Microwave Sterilizer takes the lead among other baby sterilizers. It can hold up to four bottles having standard neck and two breasts pump shields all at a time. So all you need with the Munchkin is just a microwave and water. Besides, it works in all standard microwaves.
Other exciting features of the Munchkin Microwave Sterilizer include:
- It comes with a removable basket and heat-resistant tongs to minimize the risk of burns
- It has an auto-off function that turns it off after use
- It comes with two trays that you can stack on each other depending on the bottles you need to sterilize
- It is easy to operate with single button control for all its functions.
Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer
(Quick and Roomy)
The Dr. Browns’ Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer is best for sterilizing bottles, pacifiers, nipples, and other small parts all at once. It is roomy and comes with an accessory tray. Besides, it is straightforward to use. Just add water, set the bottles in place, place the accessory tray on top of that, and close the machine. After that, you are ready to sterilize.
Other exciting features of Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer include:
- It has a two-button operation that starts the steamer
- It has LED lights at the front showing the current operation.
- It has a cooling-down phase that allows bottles to become cold enough for safe removal
- The Sterilizer takes just 10 minutes to complete. (both the sterilization process and the cooling down)
- It contains added accessories like tongs and a measuring cup for water
- The bottles are inserted in a manner that allows the direct flow of steam in the bottle
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags
Many parents are demanding for the Medela steam bags majorly because it is easy to operate and highly affordable. You can re-use steam bags over and over up to 20 times. More so, these ultra-convenient micro-steam bags can be stashed in a diaper bag or purse if you need to sterilize on the go. For example, you can use it to clean pump parts at work, or bottles if you ‘re on vacation.
Other exciting features of the Medela steam bags include:
- You can use the kit to sterilize bottles, pacifiers, and bottle parts. You can also use this bag to clean some parts of the breast pump
- You only need a microwave oven and water. Pour the specified quantity of water, place the bottle, and microwave for three minutes on maximum wattage to ensure proper sterilization.
Baby Brezza Electric Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer
(One Stop Shop)
This bottle sterilizer has a two-in-one function. It uses natural steam to sterilize bottles other parts and features a drying function to ensure your bottles come out clean and dry. So you don’t have to worry about bacteria or mold growth on your baby bottles. This Sterilizer keeps all moisture out. More so, it can hold up to six bottles, and you can set it to sterilize and dry in either one cycle automatically or independently
Other exciting features of the Baby Brezza bottle sterilizer include:
- It has a tall, compact design to manage space
- You can set modes as sterilize and dry, sterilizing only, dry only
- You can adjust the time limit to 30, 45, or 60 minutes in all modes displayed on the monitor
- The Sterilizer is made from BPA-free plastic
- The eating plate holding the water is made from stainless steel, which makes it resistant to rusting and hard water stains.
- You can use the Sterilizer to store bottles for up to 24 hours.
You can now have a hassle-free experience when deciding to get bottle sterilizers. Don’t rely on handwashing or dishwashing alone! You might end up getting germs in your baby foods. Hence, consider the best bottle sterilizers outlined above and make a wise choice based on what’s suitable for you.